NWB for Python¶
PyNWB is a Python package for working with NWB files. It provides a high-level API for efficiently working with neurodata stored in the NWB format. If you are new to NWB and would like to learn more, then please also visit the NWB Overview website, which provides an entry point for researchers and developers interested in using NWB.
Neurodata Without Borders (NWB) is a project to develop a unified data format for cellular-based neurophysiology data, focused on the dynamics of groups of neurons measured under a large range of experimental conditions.
The NWB team consists of neuroscientists and software developers who recognize that adoption of a unified data format is an important step toward breaking down the barriers to data sharing in neuroscience.
- Validating NWB files
- Exporting NWB files
- How do I create a copy of an NWB file with different data layouts (e.g., applying compression)?
- How do I create a copy of an NWB file with different controls over how links are treated and whether copies are deep or shallow?
- How do I generate new object IDs for a newly exported NWB file?
- My NWB file contains links to datasets in other HDF5 files. How do I create a new NWB file with copies of the datasets?
- How do I write a newly instantiated
NWBFileto two different file paths?
- API Documentation
- Installing PyNWB for Developers
- Software Architecture
- How to Update Requirements Files
- Software Process
- How to Make a Release
- How to Make a Tutorial